In this essential yoga teacher training, the following components will be taught:
Detailed examination and analysis of over 40 classical yoga postures.
- Learning how to accurately practice and teach asana by breaking down the poses into component parts.
- Learning to adapt poses with the proper usage of props.
- Developing and maintaining a self-nourishing personal asana and meditation practice.
- Exploring how to wisely and safely adapt poses for different body types and different levels of flexibility and/or strength.
- Learning to modify poses or support students with specific needs from gender, age, injuries, pregnancy, menstrual cycle, etc….
Study skills that create good foundation for an effective teacher:
- Basic teaching skills
- Effective verbal communication
- Proper demonstration skills
- Observing, correcting, adjusting
- Classroom management
- Basic art of sequencing and hands on adjusting
The above will be taught through various methods including:
- Developing a home and classroom asana practice
- Developing a well rounded basic meditation practice
- Working with in-depth self exploration
- Group work and peer teaching
- Regular homework assignments
- Examination both theory and practical
We will, as a group, design practices for all major categories of poses including standing poses, backbends, twists, forward bends and inversions. Participants will practice a set sequence of poses from month to month to enhance their familiarity with both the basics of the poses from a teaching point of view as well as refinements meant for their own development.
This training will be held in Laval, Quebec at: Centre Yoga Santé
205 Boulevard Curé-Labelle suite 102, Sainte-Rose, QC H7L 2Z9
This space allows us to apply appropriate distance between us in accordance with Quebec Health guidelines. If anything changes in our situation, the location where we study may change. Thank you for understanding.
This program will be offered by Hart Lazer and Donna Read in person at the studio listed above. It will also be offered on the ZOOM platform for those who cannot travel to be with us in person, or those who choose not to do so for health reasons.
Please note: If the government health regulations change, and we are NOT allowed to meet in person any longer, the program will move to the ZOOM platform only. We are dedicated to deliver this training to the best of our abilities during this uncertain time.
This training is taught in English and French. There will not be a direct translation happening at all times.
Friday’s: 5h30pm – 9h30pm
Saturday’s and Sunday’s: (In between 9:00am – 6:00 pm / Hours can vary within these times)
October 30 – November 1, 2020
November 13 – 15, 2020
December 11 – 13, 2020
January 15 – 17, 2021
February 12 – 14, 2021
March 12 – 14, 2021
April 16 – 18, 2021
May 14 – 16, 2021
June 11 – 13, 2021
June 25-27, 2021
Contact hours: 170-180 hours of actual class time and 20-30 hours of home practice and homework assignments….
Dates can change for unforeseen reasons.