This intensive is part 2 of United Yoga Montreal’s 300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training. Every year we reserve a few spaces in each module for students who wish to study this work independently of the Teacher Training program. Course admission and requirements apply. We ask that participants are respectful of the teacher trainees and we welcome you to this unique opportunity to study with Hart and Donna.
Teaching restorative classes requires a specialized skillset. Ideally, deep supported poses are practiced for years before teaching them. Our knowledge and experience in this area will help initiate and deepen your restorative practices. This course will teach how to support with props to achieve a practice that is restorative and/or recuperative in nature.
The intention of this course is to learn to teach with many props including walls, chairs, bolsters, benches, blankets, blocks and belts in order to support students in the safest way possible. (We will incorporate the use of yoga walls, which includes ropes and slings if available.) Pranayama will also be introduced.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Adapt postures with variations from all categories (inversions, standing poses, backbends, twists and forward bends) with the help and support of different props.
- Learn sequencing for different types of restorative practices.
- Work on effective verbal cuing skills to communicate instructions clearly.
- Adjust with skill and precision using props to take your students safely into new or deeper postures and practices.
Restorative practices* we may cover during this module:
- Pre-Menstrual, Menstrual and Post-Menstrual
- Perimenopause – Menopause
- Immune System
- Nervous System
- Respiratory System
- Cardiac Health
* These practices may vary depending on time available and the needs of the group.