This intensive is part 3 of United Yoga Montreal’s 300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training. Every year we reserve a few spaces in each module for students who wish to study this work independently of the Teacher Training program. Course admission and requirements apply. We ask that participants are respectful of the teacher trainees and we welcome you to this unique opportunity to study with Hart and Donna.
This module will focus on understanding the major systems of the body as related to restorative and/or recuperative asana practices, savasana, breath awareness and meditation. Systems covered will be the musculoskeletal system, nervous system, organ system, immune, digestive, circulatory and lymphatic systems.
The intention of this program is to acquire new skills to effectively help students that may be in difficulty and may need to practice yoga in a therapeutic way to feel better. Hart and Donna are invested in educating yoga teachers to become knowledgeable about the potential effects of yoga and meditation as a path to wellbeing.
You will have the opportunity to learn:
- The multiple layers of the human body and psyche as emphasized by the yoga tradition (the koshas).
- How to join physical movement with breath awareness and spiritual intention – the integration of breath, body and mind – the physical and emotional process towards restoring balance, well-being and improved health.
- How to teach poses and/or practices for different needs or illnesses.
- How to work with props to support your students in a therapeutic way.
- Using different meditation and visualization techniques to help students deal with fear, trauma and everyday life experiences.
- How to teach breath awareness and different variations of savasana.
Topics covered in this training:
- Upper back, neck and shoulders
- Lower back and hamstrings
- Hips, groins and knees
- Autoimmune diseases
- Sexual trauma
- Chronic pain, anxiety and depression
- Stress and trauma
- Asthma, snoring and sleep apnea