Important Updates for 300-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
This training will take place via ZOOM until we are able to safely meet in person. We understand that this will not work well for some, and will work better for others. We look forward to passing on this knowledge and hope you can join us. Amidst the uncertainty, the following information is how we will move forward.
ZOOM meeting: Friday, June 5, 2020 6:00pm – 9:00 pm.
- Greet those who have registered and committed to the program.
- Discuss the study environment for students to optimize engagement. (ie: mat placement for best viewing, clearing the space of distractions, etc)
- Props: What you’ll need, where to source them, how to borrow them.
* Note: these hours will not be counted toward the program hours.
* If and when restrictions are lifted, and we can meet safely with precautions in place, we will invite you back into a studio with us. We will continue to record the sessions on ZOOM for those who prefer this, or cannot travel to be with us.
This intensive is part 1 of United Yoga Montreal’s 300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training. Every year we reserve a few spaces in each module for students who wish to study this work independently of the Teacher Training program. Course admission and requirements apply. We ask that participants are respectful of the teacher trainees and we welcome you to this unique opportunity to study with Hart and Donna.
In this module, emphasis will be placed on teaching clear and precise principles of alignment in both fast-paced movement practices and long-held supported practices. Other important topics include masterfully sequencing poses to attain a certain focus in your practice and teaching, learning to work with mixed level classes, and addressing common problems and injuries that occur in the intermediate and advanced level student.
The intent of this program is to advance and accelerate your practice as well as give you an opportunity to teach advanced-level poses including inversions, hip openings, advanced backbends and twists. You will gain hands on experience in adjusting and assisting students to move safely into these complex poses. Injuries and special needs will be addressed along with some meditation and breath work.
You will have the opportunity to learn:
- How to teach intermediate and advanced level poses in the safest possible way
- Effective language to communicate instructions clearly
- Preparation of lesson plans and creation of exciting sequences from different categories of poses or methods of practice
- How to adjust with skill and precision
- How to safely take your students deeper into their practice
- How to work with musculo-skeletal problems in intermediate to advanced poses
- The importance of practicing and teaching breath work
- How to deepen your meditation practice and teach from your own experience