Wall Yoga and Restoratives
with Hart Lazer and Donna Read
This intensive is part 2 of United Yoga Montreal’s 300-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training. Every year we reserve a few spaces in each module for students who wish to study this work independently of the Teacher Training program. Course admission and requirements apply. We ask that participants are respectful of the teacher trainees and we welcome you to this unique opportunity to study with Hart and Donna.
Teaching wall yoga and restorative classes requires a specialized skillset. Ideally, these poses are practiced for years before teaching them. Our deep knowledge and experience in these two areas will help initiate and deepen your wall yoga and restorative practices. This course will teach the principles of a strong asana practice using ropes and slings on the wall as well as teach how to support with props to achieve a practice that is restorative and/or recuperative in nature.
The intention of this course is to learn to teach with ropes, slings, chairs and many other props with full attention on supporting students in the safest and deepest way possible, one that can bring a sense of profound physical relaxation and mental calmness.
You will have the opportunity to learn:
- How to teach with ropes and slings on the yoga wall
- Sequencing practices on the yoga wall
- Adaptation of poses from all categories (inversions, standing poses, backbends, twists and forward bends) with different props from ropes and slings on the yoga wall, to working with chairs, benches, bolsters, blocks and belts.
- Sequencing different types of restorative practices
- Effective verbal cuing skills to communicate instructions clearly
- How to adjust with skill and precision using props to take your students safely into new or deeper postures