In this essential yoga teacher training, the following components will be taught:
Detailed examination and analysis of over 40 classical yoga postures.
- Learning how to accurately practice and teach asana by breaking down the poses into component parts.
- Learning to adapt poses with the proper usage of props.
- Developing and maintaining a self-nourishing personal asana and meditation practice.
- Exploring how to wisely and safely adapt poses for different body types and different levels of flexibility and/or strength.
- Learning to modify poses or support students with specific needs from gender, age, injuries, pregnancy, menstrual cycle, etc….
Study skills that create good foundation for an effective teacher:
- Basic teaching skills
- Effective verbal communication
- Proper demonstration skills
- Observing, correcting, adjusting
- Classroom management
- Basic art of sequencing and hands on adjusting
The above will be taught through various methods including:
- Developing a home and classroom asana practice
- Developing a well rounded basic meditation practice
- Working with in-depth self exploration
- Group work and peer teaching
- Regular homework assignments
- Examination both theory and practical
We will, as a group, design practices for all major categories of poses including standing poses, backbends, twists, forward bends and inversions. Participants will practice a set sequence of poses from month to month to enhance their familiarity with both the basics of the poses from a teaching point of view as well as refinements meant for their own development.
Friday’s: 5h30pm-9h30pm (can go until 10h00pm on some evenings)
Saturday’s and Sunday’s: We will work within the hours between 8h00am and 6h00pm (depending on weekends)
September 20-22, 2019
October 18-20, 2019
November 15-17, 2019
December 13-15, 2019
January 17-19, 2020
February 14-16, 2020
March 13-15, 2020
April 10-12, 2020
May 8-10, 2020
June 12-14, 2020
Contact hours: 170-180 hours of actual class time and 20-30 hours of home practice and homework assignments….
Dates can change for unforeseen reasons.